Greater Boston Area • Management
W.T. Rich Company has been providing construction services in eastern Massachusetts for over 50 years. We have grown from a small family business to a mid-sized construction firm that provides exemplary service to our clients while still maintaining that close “family feel." Our employees are an intricate part of the firm’s outstanding track record and admirable reputation among owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
Interested applicants will have a degree in Engineering or Construction Management and the skills required to plan vertical construction projects using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software. At various stages of the project, this person will provide technical and analytical input to facilitate re-planning, and workflow sequencing to ensure projects finish within their prescribed timeframe.
In the role of Scheduler/Planner, you will:
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with planning and developing construction schedules
- Work with Project Executives to prepare proposal and preconstruction schedules
- Use historical production data to develop activity durations and validate construction progress
- Monitor and analyze progress on detailed construction schedules with 1500+ activities
- Reconcile discrepancies from actual vs. planned progress and facilitate an action plan with the project team
- Help develop visual schedules as needed
- Analyze repetitive workflows to ensure realistic achievable cycle times
- Prepare and assist with monthly schedule narratives
- Provide monthly metrics and Key Performance Indicators for executive reports
- Ability to effectively work in a hybrid role being equally effective from home or the office
- 3-5 yrs. experience building and updating baseline schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or an applicable discipline
- Experience in preparing CPM schedules for vertical construction projects
- Proficient with Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Capable of managing multiple project schedules
- Have excellent computer skills and willing to learn new software applications
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information in a concise manner and to make recommendations on strategies to resolve project issues
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to apply appropriate communication techniques to various individuals
- Positive customer service orientation, with both internal and external clients is required
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals
If you are an innovative collaborator and truly enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, W.T. Rich will provide long-term career opportunities for the right candidates. Please upload your resume and cover letter to Careers@wtrich.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
W.T. Rich Company has on staff a diverse and representative set of employees from a wide range of backgrounds, nationalities, and lifestyles. We have an outstanding track record for fulfilling minority business enterprise, women business enterprise, and workforce participation requirements for public projects in which these goals are established. In addition, we frequently complete projects with significant MBE, WBE and DBE participation where no goals or requirements are established.