Greater Boston Area • Management
W.T. Rich Company has been providing construction services in eastern Massachusetts for over 50 years. We have grown from a small family business to a mid-sized construction firm that provides exemplary service to our clients while still maintaining that close “family feel." Our employees are an intricate part of the firm’s outstanding track record and admirable reputation among owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
We are currently looking for Project Managers to join our team. The Project Manager will serve as the on-site manager responsible for supporting the overall direction, completion and financial outcome of our project. The person in this role will be responsible for managing and coordinating all necessary project resources and documentation throughout the entire project lifecycle.
In the role of Project Manager, you will:
- Develop and maintain relationships with the client, architect, sub-contractors, vendors and colleagues in order to reinforce collaboration among all project team members
- Drive pre-construction activities such as design review, purchasing and schedule creation
- Maintain budget for the life of the project
- Collaborate with our estimating department to ensure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subcontractors for the project
- Prepare and manage all contractual requirements with subcontractors, including scope of work definitions, contracts and purchase orders
- Lead and communicate with field supervision, subcontractors and vendors to assist them in maintaining the project schedule for the life of the project
- Attend all schedule and management meetings necessary to monitor and manage the project
- Provide jobsite leadership in the areas of safety and quality
- Manage all requisitions and payments including lien releases and project payroll, and maintain best possible cash flow throughout the project, communicating issues proactively
- Execute project closeout, which includes: managing sub-contractor close-out requirements and delivering all necessary manuals, warranties, as-builts and training to the client
- BS or MS degree in Construction Management or Engineering; other relative degrees are a plus
- 5-10 years of Project Management experience on projects ranging from $30 - $200 million (or larger)
- Thorough understanding of Procore software – preferred, but not required
- Thorough knowledge of Chapter 149a contract process - preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of job cost reporting, billing and payable procedures – preferred, but not required?
- Enthusiastic, effective leadership skills
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative; ability to quickly study and react to complex issues
If you are an innovative collaborator and truly enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, W.T. Rich will provide long-term career opportunities for the right candidates. Please upload your resume and cover letter to Careers@wtrich.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
W.T. Rich Company has on staff a diverse and representative set of employees from a wide range of backgrounds, nationalities, and lifestyles. We have an outstanding track record for fulfilling minority business enterprise, women business enterprise, and workforce participation requirements for public projects in which these goals are established. In addition, we frequently complete projects with significant MBE, WBE and DBE participation where no goals or requirements are established.