• Field Operations
W.T. Rich Company has been providing construction services in eastern Massachusetts for over 50 years. We have grown from a small family business to a mid-sized construction firm that provides exemplary service to our clients while still maintaining that close “family feel." Our employees are an intricate part of the firm’s outstanding track record and admirable reputation among owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
We are seeking an experienced, seasoned MEP Superintendent who has demonstrated the ability to serve as the Lead MEP Superintendent on major construction projects in the $10 to $100 million range.
We are looking for an MEP Superintendent to help consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and that exceed client expectations. We provide our superintendents with the necessary support and resources to excel in their roles and make sure all projects are completed to the highest standard. Our superintendents are an integral part of the project team and become involved with projects during the pre-construction phase. As senior members of the team, superintendents are also responsible for assisting in the professional growth of team members and maintaining relationships with clients. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work in partnership with Project Manager to identify and address issues of constructability or lack of scope during pre-construction phase
- Participate in development and final review of scope, buy-out and schedule
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling and sequence, logistics, phasing, milestones, inspections and quality control
- Oversee all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control and a clean site
- Manage work among MEP/FP trades. Resolve construction related issues regarding procedures, design clarifications, manpower, equipment and schedule
- Review submittals, shop drawings and other product data to ensure proper materials are being installed on site
- Work with Lead Superintendent to ensure trades are staying on overall project schedule
- Review construction documents for MEPFP constructability issues
- Lead the installation and start-up of MEP systems
- Review materials and equipment for MEPFP systems prior to installation
- Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues as well as resolving field issues
- Lead project inspections, startup, commissioning, turnover and training process required for acceptance and handover of all the systems
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering a plus
- 5-10 years of construction experience with at least 5 years in the function of Lead MEP Superintendent
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
- Experience in computer technology including 3D Modeling and coordination process a plus
- Experience with marking up and editing PDFs with software products such as Bluebeam a plus
- Thorough knowledge of all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Massachusetts Construction Supervisor License – preferred
- OSHA-30 training – required
- Basic computer skills and competency – required
- Massachusetts public construction industry experience – preferred
- Significant renovation or occupied construction experience – preferred
- Lean Construction Management experience – preferred
- LEED AP or Green Associate – preferred
If you are an innovative collaborator and truly enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, W.T. Rich will provide long-term career opportunities for the right candidates. Please upload your resume and cover letter to Careers@wtrich.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
W.T. Rich Company has on staff a diverse and representative set of employees from a wide range of backgrounds, nationalities, and lifestyles. We have an outstanding track record for fulfilling minority business enterprise, women business enterprise, and workforce participation requirements for public projects in which these goals are established. In addition, we frequently complete projects with significant MBE, WBE and DBE participation where no goals or requirements are established.